Coordinator of Youth Ministry (CYM)
Hours: 10 hours per week
St. Joseph the Worker and Holy Family parishes are seeking a part-time Coordinator of Youth Ministry (CYM) to work with youth in 6th through 12th grades. The middle school and high school years are a time of soul searching in many ways. By creating a welcoming environment, providing faith directed activities (Edge and Life Teen) and encouraging discussion, the CYM will help the youth become believers and active participants in their parish.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- The Coordinator of Youth Ministry position requires flexible work hours to include - 1st Friday of the month – Blaze at Newman Center; Wednesday evenings 5:30-7:30pm -Edge program; one Sunday evening per month – Life Teen Night; and prep time for programs and activities.
- Plan and direct the middle school Edge program on the Wednesday evenings of Faith Formation (gr. 5-7), plan and direct a high school Life Teen night (gr. 8-12) once a month. This includes scheduling, recruitment and training of adults and volunteers on the Core Teams.
- Maintain strong communication with youth, parents, and the parish community through all relevant forms of communication, including Facebook, phone calls, text messages, weekly bulletin, bulletin board, pulpit announcements, newsletters, mailings, etc.
- Communicate to staff and pastor about youth ministry activities. When possible, the Youth Director should attend parish staff meetings and local meetings to contribute and exchange ideas.
- Develop a network for reaching out to youth, particularly to the alienated.
- Recruit St. Joseph the Worker and Holy Family teens to participate in diocesan events geared toward teens.
- Promote Service learning at parish, city and national levels, including mission trips for high school age teens.
- The CYM must attend Virtus Training and have a back ground check done every five years.
- Ability to speak in public and lead large group meetings.
- Collaborative nature suited for work as part of a strong leadership team.
- Planning, organizational and collaborative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of ages, personalities and backgrounds.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy, especially some social media.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel when necessary.
- The CYM must be a practicing Roman Catholic preferably with 1-3 years’ experience in Education or Ministry field.
Please summit resume to: Connie Wallin at firstname.lastname@example.org or
mail to St. Joseph the Worker, 423 West 7th St., Mankato, MN 56001